My heart belongs to my husband, but Edward Cullen can have my neck!

Monday, July 21, 2008

More Commute...


This is a common view in the morning as we come down the hill from Lake Stevens and get on to the Trestle. This is a thin layer of fog. If you look carefully, you might be able to see some cows grazing in there. Sometimes it is on both sides of the Trestle, other times it is one or the other. This morning it was all on the North side and didn't go past the first river to the West. What is really amazing is the mornings that you come down the hill and feel like you are driving on a cloud because the fog is so dense up around the Trestle.











Here is the first of the 3 rivers. It is actually all the Snohomish River that loops around and and also seems to have irrigation canals for the Island. I do know that it rises and falls with the tide. I was amazed at how calm the water was this morning. You will also see the fog that sits just over the ridge. I guess there has been a long history of the Snohomish river actually flooding. The Man Who Has My Heart was a part of a volunteer group that came and threw sand bags just on the other side of the road (behind where I am taking the shot from) during one of the floods. The Trestle was built because of the frequency of flooding.




This is a shot of part of Ebey Island and is just on the other side of the East part of the river. You will note that there is no fog.





The vegetation is really this dense every where that hasn't been cleared for farming, grazing, buildings, roads and houses. It is so green! I love it!

This is the far West part, or 3rd part, of the river that we cross. It is by far the busiest with boat traffic. There are boat houses, cargo boats, barges, etc that frequent this part of the water. I am still amazed at how calm the water was this morning. It was so peaceful. I love looking at the bridge supports to see how high or low the tide is along here. This morning the tide was in, but it was not the fullest I have seen it. In the center of the shot, but slightly left, there is a post sticking out of the water with a crude, huge, white sign with letters that say "NO WAKE!" I think this must be some one's residence and they were tired of having careless boaters "rock the boat."



This is a shot close to the bus depot. I was hoping to capture how many trees there still are in the city, with this shot. This doesn't do it justice. It is really beautiful here. I love living here. Even in the heavily populated areas, there are thick forested parks or lots that make it feel like you aren't really in the city.













This shot is back towards home from the city (OK, maybe a little South of home). The sun was out bright this morning. Definitely not a day for the Cullen family to visit. ;o) This shot was after Will went to the bus depot as I was stopped at a traffic light and in a constructions zone.







This last shot is in the afternoon on the drive back home. There are so many breath taking views to see here.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Katherine Jane usually lives to the right of the No Wake sign in front of the big green shop. There are a few of us liveaboards in this stretch and you're correct ~ careless boaters drive us crazy! They seem to forget that they are responsible for their wakes.

Waiting!

Hatchlings

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep the change!"

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep the change!"
Vote Sarah Palin for President in 2012

Free-IQTest.net

IQ Test
Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

Disclaimers

Disclaimer #1

Some of my views and feelings expressed are due to having dealt with some very challenging relationships lately. Namely, having had 2 foster daughters for the past 3 years and having loved them and wanting so badly to make a positive difference in their lives.

After realizing that I have done all that I can do and admitting that it is time to "let them go", there is a measure of hurt and bitterness that I am working through. I need time to heal and to figure out how to deal with the feelings and emotions that I am left with.

Some of my posts are not going to be very uplifting and some will be down right uncomfortable to read. I recognize how difficult it is to be a part of peoples lives who struggle with depression. It is exhausting and not something that "refills ones cup."

My intentions in blogging are not to bring anyone down or suck them into my, sometimes depressing thoughts. I am not looking for a pity party or for people to suck dry.

For this new chapter in my life, I need to work on me and my family and strengthening who we are as individuals and a family unit. And most importantly, building our relationship with our Heavenly Father. I want to be a better person.

I hope that by being able to reflect on my feelings in blogging, I can heal and maybe somehow help someone else who has been through similar challenges/experiences to move forward and overcome their trials. I also recognize that in this, there may be others who have had experiences that can be shared with me to give me hope and encouragement. - I welcome your comments either way.


Disclaimer #2

If you have not read any or some of the Twilight series books and have a desire to and don't want to spoil anything, you might want to use caution in reading some of my posts that look like they are related to my feelings on the books.

I don't intend to spoil any of that reading experience for anyone. It has been a wonderful fantasy world and escape for me - a HUGE blessing for me to be able to think on these fictional people so that I could function "through the motions" of my life.


FYI!

Squirty Wart is a nick name my father gave me when I was little. I always hated it. In looking to protect myself and family from online preditors, it has become a very convenient name for me to use and it has actually grown on me. ;)